© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
Join 131 other subscribers
- 384,882 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 384,882 hits
Category Archives: my stories
Walk a while with me.
Mr. RSG, I dedicate this photo journey to you. I’m sorry you missed some wonderful stuff. ******************* I had a wonderful fall day in the woods today. It was 75 degrees, partly sunny, and breezy. A perfect fall day. One … Continue reading
Posted in my stories, Nature, photography, Pretty places Leave a comment
Reflexes like a Ninja
Life is H-A-R-D with highly sensitive kids. Especially if you are a highly sensitive parent. Doubly especially if you are the type of parent that doesn’t drink alcohol to soothe jangled nerves from parenting sensitive kids who melt down frequently. … Continue reading
From selectively mute to student council representative.
Yesterday morning, in the middle of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich assembly line, I got a phone call from my middle daughter, K’s, first grade teacher. I was a bit nervous, especially since the day before yesterday, I mentioned … Continue reading
Wow, so THAT’s what having a life feels like.
On Saturday we went to a Jimmy Buffet concert which started with a massive tailgating party in the parking lot. Talked with a LOT of people (everyone is your friend at the Buffet tailgating party). Met some interesting characters and … Continue reading
Posted in my stories 1 Comment
Brunch with Grandma and getting old sucks.
Grandma recently had a bad fall. This is the second time in as many years, and her dementia is getting worse, so she’s now in a nursing home for rehab, but she’s not ever coming back home. She’s losing touch … Continue reading
Posted in my stories Leave a comment
Happy Birthday to Me!
I’m officially 40 today. I’m in Colorado right now with Mr. RSG and the smart girls. Hopefully we’ll upload some pictures soon. The train ride during the day was marvelous, but during the night we were frozen and Mr. RSG … Continue reading
Posted in Fantastic field trips, my stories 8 Comments
A turning point
A quote from Veronika Decides to Die (no it’s not as depressing as it sounds, really): “Why do certain people try to go against the natural order of things which is to fight for survival whatever happens?” “That’s why I … Continue reading
Posted in my stories, Uncategorized 4 Comments
Well, things are looking up.
Some good things have happened in the past few days. 1. I was not rejected for the microbiology job I interviewed last December for the reasons I thought. I got a phone call from the original woman who called me … Continue reading
Posted in my stories, On friendship, synchronicity Leave a comment
Crazy bird lady
Yes, I guess that would be me. I don’t spend enough time outdoors, because the weather is still pretty goofy here in the midwest. Sometimes warm, sometimes cold, and sometimes wet. But even on crummy days, like today, I try … Continue reading
Posted in My photography, my stories Leave a comment