© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
Join 131 other followers
- 384,463 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 384,463 hits
Category Archives: gifted children
She’s 12 now, my bright, spirited, formerly selectively mute child. She was formally diagnosed in May of 2008 and I wrote about her journey here. And this was what I said about her official diagnosis in one of those posts: … Continue reading
A short update: My now 12 year old formerly SM child has 18 lines (18!) of dialogue in the school play she tried out for this year in middle school. She’s beyond thrilled! And so is this mama! As many … Continue reading
I hope to resume posting on this blog this year. I wanted to apologize to my readers for falling off the map. It’s not that I haven’t been blogging, I have, just not here. I blog a lot over at … Continue reading
I’m still coming down from the high of the experience of the 2013 World Conference of Gifted and Talented Children that I attended two weeks ago. I also attended the SENG Model Parent Group Facilitator Training. I hope to start … Continue reading
Yesterday, we attended a local historical re-enactment of the Civil War period. We have gone the past three years and I asked the girls if they still wanted to go this year, and it was a unanimous yes! I’m glad, … Continue reading
This week has been a very slow work week for me. I contracted a nasty stomach virus last Friday night from my adorable students/germ factories, and spent most of the wee hours of Saturday vomiting and emptying my bowels just … Continue reading