© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
Join 131 other subscribers
- 384,677 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 384,677 hits
Category Archives: Fantastic field trips
I’m still coming down from the high of the experience of the 2013 World Conference of Gifted and Talented Children that I attended two weeks ago. I also attended the SENG Model Parent Group Facilitator Training. I hope to start … Continue reading
The smart girls are winding down the 2012 school year. I have been quiet on this blog, and have been spending more time on another one of my blogs but we’ve had a very busy year. I thought I’d recap … Continue reading
What an amazing experience we had Sunday night. For one of our last days of summer break, we went to the city. My friend Melody told me about a great free event that a professional fire-spinning (or as they call … Continue reading
On Tuesday, we spent a little bit of time at a beach on Lake Michigan while my friend Bruce was in town. On his last day here, Mr. RSG, the girls and I had opted to take Bruce to the … Continue reading
I frequently go on mommy and me dates with each of my daughters. Usually it’s to the bookstore, but yesterday it was to our local arboretum. They had an Art in the Park day and I went with middle daughter, … Continue reading
We’ve gone to our share of Fall Festivals at local pumpkin patches over the years. Now, they are all great fun for the kidlets, but this year we got an extra special treat by having a fall festival at a … Continue reading
I’ll have to save the commentary for later, because hiking into the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs was pretty draining…but I couldn’t wait to share some pictures from earlier today. These aren’t even the best ones, but they … Continue reading
I’m officially 40 today. I’m in Colorado right now with Mr. RSG and the smart girls. Hopefully we’ll upload some pictures soon. The train ride during the day was marvelous, but during the night we were frozen and Mr. RSG … Continue reading
Has anyone noticed I have not posted a thing for 6 days? That’s pretty darn amazing (to me, anyway). This past Saturday I had the extremely wonderful pleasure of a solo hike in the local Arboretum. I was blessed to … Continue reading