© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
Join 131 other subscribers
- 384,883 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 384,883 hits
Category Archives: Pretty places
Walk a while with me.
Mr. RSG, I dedicate this photo journey to you. I’m sorry you missed some wonderful stuff. ******************* I had a wonderful fall day in the woods today. It was 75 degrees, partly sunny, and breezy. A perfect fall day. One … Continue reading
Posted in my stories, Nature, photography, Pretty places Leave a comment
Fall Festival at Historical Farm
We’ve gone to our share of Fall Festivals at local pumpkin patches over the years. Now, they are all great fun for the kidlets, but this year we got an extra special treat by having a fall festival at a … Continue reading
Garden of the Gods
I’ll have to save the commentary for later, because hiking into the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs was pretty draining…but I couldn’t wait to share some pictures from earlier today. These aren’t even the best ones, but they … Continue reading
Posted in Fantastic field trips, photography, Pretty places 3 Comments
I loved so much the local arboretum that I went to in May that, for our anniversary weekend, I wanted to go back and take Mr. RSG with me. We celebrate 13 years on July 5th. Gotta love a man … Continue reading
Posted in butterfly, dragonfly, Mr. RSG, Nature, photography, Pretty places 1 Comment
Healing that inner child
I’ve had a lot to ponder from a commenter who kindly has been encouraging me to continue working through some of my anger issues that stem from my own family history so that I don’t repeat the patterns of behavior … Continue reading
Night at the park
One of our favorite parks at dusk and at night. We went today and I’d forgotten how beautiful it is at night. (note: no pictures of the actual kid’s park part of the park. probably should go back tomorrow for … Continue reading
Posted in My photography, Pretty places Leave a comment
For my birthday, I decided I was going to make good on my promise to go to Starved Rock State Park. It took us two hours to get there, but it was well worth it. We need to go back … Continue reading
Posted in My photography, my stories, Pretty places, puppy 11 Comments