© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
Join 131 other followers
- 384,034 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 384,034 hits
Category Archives: On friendship
Wow, nine days without a post. Crazy, but true. My grandmother died (I’ll talk about that after the funeral on Tuesday, I think). I read. And ruminated. I wrote in my journal. And corresponded with friends. And ruminated some more. … Continue reading
Okay…let’s put this in perspective… That last post…truly, not really nice on my part. I love people. Really, really. No, people don’t have to be smart to be my friend. Everybody has something they are good at. I want to … Continue reading
I think I have pretty much decided that there is something I am supposed to be learning here that I can not learn as long as I keep trying to make friends. I’m actually not depressed or frustrated. This isn’t … Continue reading
A metamorphic process is underway in me. It’s something that began 6 years ago…when I stepped out of the treadmill of conventional service-for-pay employment. I’ve been engaged in some online conversation about finding meaningful work when you have many gifts/talents … Continue reading
I’ve been stuck in awareness but no growth, hung suspended in time, grappling with the past and the impact on my present. I have had MANY revelations as to why I’m stuck. Stumbling on the concept that I probably have … Continue reading
Some good things have happened in the past few days. 1. I was not rejected for the microbiology job I interviewed last December for the reasons I thought. I got a phone call from the original woman who called me … Continue reading
I am struggling again, this time very acutely and need to find a focus – that direction at which I could channel all my creative energy and intensity which is now currently diffuse and ephemeral. I am trying to apply … Continue reading