© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
- 381,955 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 381,955 hits
Category Archives: personal issues
Okay…let’s put this in perspective… That last post…truly, not really nice on my part. I love people. Really, really. No, people don’t have to be smart to be my friend. Everybody has something they are good at. I want to … Continue reading
A metamorphic process is underway in me. It’s something that began 6 years ago…when I stepped out of the treadmill of conventional service-for-pay employment. I’ve been engaged in some online conversation about finding meaningful work when you have many gifts/talents … Continue reading
I am hoping I could generate some input regarding a person’s intense need for philosophical inquiry and making room for a personal life. What I’m referring to is the endless struggle between feeding the intellectual needs and, being a social … Continue reading
I’ve been stuck in awareness but no growth, hung suspended in time, grappling with the past and the impact on my present. I have had MANY revelations as to why I’m stuck. Stumbling on the concept that I probably have … Continue reading