© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
- 371,861 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Preparing for a Palate Expander
- Damn it! I am a bored housewife...
- Our daughter's selective mutism journey
- Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- The Highly Sensitive Child
- The Palate Expander Update
- Gainfully employed again...as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- What is intuition and how does it relate to the gifted individual?
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 371,861 hits
Tag Archives: selective mutism
This leg of K’s journey with selective mutism is over. If you check out my sidebar, I have 31 posts related to this journey. I started posting about discovery the possibility of her having SM in the post titled: The … Continue reading
Resilience. I know that’s what my 5 year old lacks right now. Her meltdowns, her intensity, her anxiety all stem from lack of resilience. Her issues (anxiety, spd, selective mutism) all contribute to this lack of resilience. I came across … Continue reading
We’re going on week three of emotional upheaval again. I thought my middle daughter was starting to improve with her emotional self-regulation, but we’ve hit a major setback. For the longest time, she was emotionally resilient, cooperative, happy. She was … Continue reading
A couple of days ago I posted about how I was having a return of the meltdowns from my middle daughter after the holiday and after shuttling her to lots of fun, but still stressful, events. Because of her sensory … Continue reading
I have been meaning to write this post for a while, but have only gotten the chance to now. We have had a very, very productive month and a half. I have spent more than a bit of time being … Continue reading
My 5.5 year old daughter who was diagnosed with selective mutism is going to attend kindergarten in the fall. She was diagnosed last year in May. I wanted to post the things that specifically had a positive impact for my … Continue reading