© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
Join 131 other subscribers
- 384,883 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 384,883 hits
Tag Archives: renewal
How to be disorganized and unproductive at home.
If my stay-at-home mothering/homemaking position were a real paying job, I’d have been fired years ago. The truth be told, I spend way too much time in my head lamenting about lack of mental stimulation, lack of friendship, lack of … Continue reading
Posted in career, introspection, motherhood, personal growth, perspective Tagged introspection, life's work, motherhood, personal growth, renewal, SAHM 2 Comments
Maybe balance isn’t what I’m after either…
I love stumbling upon new blogs and finding bits of wisdom and new perspectives. One of the things I have been recently been noticing is the lack of balance in my life. There’s the usual boring housekeeping to keep up … Continue reading
Posted in creating harmony, personal growth, perspective Tagged inspiration, life's work, personal growth, renewal 2 Comments
Rekindling the love affair with science.
Is it possible to do that after having children and a rather long leave of absence? I really don’t know. I do know this is the right time for me to figure that out. I feel like I’ve been walking … Continue reading
Posted in career, combining science and motherhood, personal growth Tagged burnout, renewal, work Leave a comment