© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
Join 131 other subscribers
- 385,131 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 385,131 hits
Tag Archives: Attachment Parenting
Meaningful friendships are hard to find these days
Posted on May 13, 2009 by raisingsmartgirls
For me, I find it hard to have meaningful friendships lately. I didn’t used to. I had a lot of friends at different intellectual levels than I and I could easily adapt to all of them and feel quite fulfilled. … Continue reading →
Posted in Attachment Parenting, motherhood, On friendship, personal growth | Tagged Attachment Parenting, friendship, motherhood | 12 Comments
I think co-sleeping saved my baby.
Posted on May 11, 2009 by raisingsmartgirls
Since I’ve been in a nostalgic mood for my babies, I figured I’d post one more personal story from the not-so-distant past. This is in part because I read this blog post from another mom blogger, Jess, about co-sleeping and … Continue reading →
Posted in Attachment Parenting, my stories | Tagged Attachment Parenting, co-sleeping | 10 Comments
My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
Posted on May 10, 2009 by raisingsmartgirls
Breastfeeding – it’s one topic I haven’t discussed here on my blog. Not because it’s controversial, but because it’s a little out of place now that my breastfeeding days are sadly past. You can bet I would have been blogging … Continue reading →
Posted in my stories | Tagged Attachment Parenting, breastfeeding | 37 Comments