© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
Join 131 other followers
- 384,034 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 384,034 hits
Category Archives: Writing
I debated where to put this post…whether on this blog or my other blog, The Sprightly Writer. I decided, since it was mostly about me and writing/creating and well, moodiness, and to a lesser degree about the smart girls, I … Continue reading
7 days into NaNoWriMo. 19 pages and 8,363 words in. 3306 words ‘behind’ schedule. Oh well. I write for a while, take too long of a break for research, sometimes goofing off in the process. I got behind because yesterday … Continue reading
Arriving early at my therapy session today, I sat in an armchair of the waiting room and picked up one of the Newsweek magazines that caught my eye. It was the August 9, 2010 Books issue with a photograph of … Continue reading
I’ve been stuck in awareness but no growth, hung suspended in time, grappling with the past and the impact on my present. I have had MANY revelations as to why I’m stuck. Stumbling on the concept that I probably have … Continue reading
Just when I think that I can not resolve some of my lack of deep conviction in the existence of God, because I’m too rational, too analytical, too scientific, a friend of mine tells me he was reading Miguel de … Continue reading
I wrote this on a message board just last night, on a 7 page thread about losing friends over the years. I kind of had an epiphany in yesterday, especially after calling up two college friends that are 4-12 hours … Continue reading
I’ve been inspired (as I have before) to write a post regarding the reasons behind Why do I write from Joanna at Wisdom Within, Ink. Why does she write? What I know is I was born to put words down … Continue reading
So…. In keeping with my wishes of the previous post, I tried out a brand new, 3-part experiment for my other blog about Exploring Density and Charles’ Law Using Ivory Soap. I made it very user-friendly by creating a printable … Continue reading