© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
- 374,732 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Our daughter's selective mutism journey
- Fallen Caryatid
- If you had controlling parents...how do you avoid becoming one?
- What is intuition and how does it relate to the gifted individual?
- Damn it! I am a bored housewife...
- Preparing for a Palate Expander
- Finding clues to her selective mutism (about retained primitive reflexes).
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 374,732 hits
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Originally posted on Raising Smart Girls:
I’m beginning to really like Linda Kreger Silverman,Ph.D. a prominent name with regards to gifted issues, who wrote a really great article about gifted women called I’m Not Gifted, I’m Just Busy: Unrecognized Giftedness…
By life. I am giving a forensic DNA talk today to my4th grader’s merit class. Between her science fair last month, sickness in the house, family stuff, and getting ready for the presentation today I have been uber-busy. I know … Continue reading
I just have to thank all of you who may have thought of us and wished us well in that last post. A week after posting, Mr. RSG got contacted from a recruiter who had seen his resume on Monster.com. … Continue reading
I just thought I’d post my new blog, The Sprightly Writer. I have decided to split out my intellectually dense post topics to that blog, because I want to keep this one more focused on the smart girls and I … Continue reading
We made a gingerbread house. Made cookies for Santa. Left reindeer food for Ruldoph and his friends. And enjoyed the presents Santa left behind… We wish you a Merry Christmas!