© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
Join 131 other followers
- 384,034 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 384,034 hits
Category Archives: highly sensitive person
If there is nothing else I can teach my daughters before I leave this world, it’s how to emotionally self-regulate. I have to admit, it’s been hard. I have complex-PTSD from childhood emotional neglect and abuse (I was ignored until … Continue reading →
Yeah, I know I should be organizing my house. I’m really feeling run down with the cold I contracted from my daughter. So I am resting and nursing my health and blogging instead. *** I’ve wasted no small amount of … Continue reading →