© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
Join 131 other subscribers
- 384,882 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 384,882 hits
Category Archives: Friends
Blast from the past…and gifted chat
Ever since the Borders closed down, I’ve been spending more time at the library. I am now officially glad I am. Today, I ran into an old friend of mine, someone I dated and worked with almost 20 years ago. … Continue reading
Posted in Friends, gifted children Leave a comment
On Tuesday, we spent a little bit of time at a beach on Lake Michigan while my friend Bruce was in town. On his last day here, Mr. RSG, the girls and I had opted to take Bruce to the … Continue reading
Posted in Beach, Fantastic field trips, Friends, photography 2 Comments
How to help – Nashville area disaster relief links
(photo credit: Ken Whitehouse, Nashville’s The City Paper) No, that’s not my friends house…thank God. But one in his neck of the woods. Papa T’s wife is sick (perhaps from wading in hip-high waters), and his boys are in high … Continue reading
Posted in Flooding, Friends, Nashville, reaching out to others in need 1 Comment
Don’t want to be melodramatic…
But this is the view from my friend’s house in Tennessee. I haven’t heard from him since about 7:00 pm last night. He said his wife and one of his boys were going to evacuate but he was staying behind … Continue reading
Posted in Flooding, Friends, Nashville, reaching out to others in need 2 Comments
Praying for flooded TN and my friend down there
One of my dear friends and one of my favorite commenters, Papa T, and his family, are smack dab in the middle of the worst flooding since 1937 in Middle Tennessee. I hear they had about 13-15 inches already. They … Continue reading
Posted in Flooding, Friends, Nashville 3 Comments