© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
Join 131 other subscribers
- 384,883 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 384,883 hits
Category Archives: creating harmony
These &@$! posts won’t write themselves
I’m incredibly frustrated. I’m creatively blocked. I’m wanting to talk about some new topics, only I have major writer’s block going on. So I’m going to talk about what I plan to talk about even though I don’t know when, … Continue reading
Posted in creating harmony, flow 6 Comments
Wow, nine days without a post. Crazy, but true. My grandmother died (I’ll talk about that after the funeral on Tuesday, I think). I read. And ruminated. I wrote in my journal. And corresponded with friends. And ruminated some more. … Continue reading
Posted in creating harmony, On friendship, personal growth 15 Comments
Healing that inner child
I’ve had a lot to ponder from a commenter who kindly has been encouraging me to continue working through some of my anger issues that stem from my own family history so that I don’t repeat the patterns of behavior … Continue reading
Creating a life I love
In March of 2008, I wrote this introductory post called, Who Am I? I was coming out of a really dark place when I started this blog…I was often depressed and in despair. Prior to blogging I felt hopeless and … Continue reading
Okay, I think I know what’s been bothering me
This is the same internal conflict I’ve been having for years with myself – having too many interests without having a plan of action to attend to them all and having them fit nicely alongside my responsibilities of home-keeping. I … Continue reading
Maybe balance isn’t what I’m after either…
I love stumbling upon new blogs and finding bits of wisdom and new perspectives. One of the things I have been recently been noticing is the lack of balance in my life. There’s the usual boring housekeeping to keep up … Continue reading
Posted in creating harmony, personal growth, perspective Tagged inspiration, life's work, personal growth, renewal 2 Comments
Making the change to living simply
Okay, I’m not living in a yurt (and apparently you can buy one in Colorado), raising my own sheep and chickens, and I don’t even have a garden (maybe next year for the garden I hope) or anything so radical … Continue reading
Posted in creating harmony 3 Comments
It’s nice to have goals. Now I just need to make them happen.
I’ve been MIA for a while since I’ve been trying to get a handle on things here at home. Between trying to get our juvenile amphibians to eat, and trying to declutter, I’m trying to figure out how I can … Continue reading
Posted in creating harmony Leave a comment