© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
- 367,769 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Our daughter's selective mutism journey
- Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Preparing for a Palate Expander
- The Palate Expander Update
- What is intuition and how does it relate to the gifted individual?
- Damn it! I am a bored housewife...
- Finding clues to her selective mutism (about retained primitive reflexes).
- Fallen Caryatid
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 367,769 hits
Category Archives: combining science and motherhood
I wanted to apologize to my readers for my long absence. Especially for those reaching out about selective mutism. 2015 was a year of many, many difficult and rather alarming changes for the smart girls and I. I’d re-entered the … Continue reading
It’s been so long since I worked in forensic DNA, but I do keep up to date. Occasionally I get to give lectures to schools. I gave one lecture to a class of first year biology students at a university … Continue reading
I got a phone call from my mother because she read in the paper that my old company is starting plans to build a new larger facility close to my home. I am 7 years out of date from any … Continue reading
I think I have pretty much decided that there is something I am supposed to be learning here that I can not learn as long as I keep trying to make friends. I’m actually not depressed or frustrated. This isn’t … Continue reading
A metamorphic process is underway in me. It’s something that began 6 years ago…when I stepped out of the treadmill of conventional service-for-pay employment. I’ve been engaged in some online conversation about finding meaningful work when you have many gifts/talents … Continue reading