© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
Join 131 other followers
- 384,034 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 384,034 hits
Category Archives: afterschooling
I’m just curious. How much money would you spend on enriching your child’s summer with educational summer time experiences? A few years back, I was able to enroll my daughters into a free day camp for a week at an … Continue reading
Yesterday, we attended a local historical re-enactment of the Civil War period. We have gone the past three years and I asked the girls if they still wanted to go this year, and it was a unanimous yes! I’m glad, … Continue reading
The smart girls are winding down the 2012 school year. I have been quiet on this blog, and have been spending more time on another one of my blogs but we’ve had a very busy year. I thought I’d recap … Continue reading
We’ve gone to our share of Fall Festivals at local pumpkin patches over the years. Now, they are all great fun for the kidlets, but this year we got an extra special treat by having a fall festival at a … Continue reading