© Casey and Raising Smart Girls, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Casey and Raising Smart Girls with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical or psychological professional. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL NOR MENTAL HEALTH ADVICE, these are my personal opinions as to what worked for our family.
- The suggestions on this website do not substitute for actual medical advice. It is simply our journey and what worked for my daughter. Please consult a professional for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your child.
- 374,271 hits
- Update on the formerly selectively mute daughter
- For teenagers and adults with Selective Mutism
- Interesting selective mutism documentary.
- Notes on preschools and IEP accommodation for SM kids.
- Coming out of a long hiatus
- Having problems with blog comments
- Gainfully employed again…as a microbiology diagnostic lab technician.
- One daughter’s SM success story
- Busy kids
- World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- About me
- The Highly Sensitive Child
- And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Our daughter's selective mutism journey
- Existential depression and death anxiety
- Fallen Caryatid
- Guerilla Learning: How to Give Your Kids a Real Education With or Without School
- Jim B on Fallen Caryatid
- Becky on Understanding Psychomotor Overexcitabilities in the Gifted Child
- Lisa Swaboda is Atlas Educational on Troubleshooting my highly sensitive child’s meltdowns
- whatsrealtome on And this is why life with a selectively mute child is hard.
- Thi on My breastfeeding story (and this is what nursing a toddler looks like while studying).
- 374,271 hits
Search Results for: Silent Voices
I’m quite thrilled and honored to share another voice of Selective Mutism as a result of Meagan sharing her story with us about 2 weeks ago and then posting a followup on her YouTube Channel. My second guest post comes … Continue reading
Here’s a post about how we came to suspect my middle daughter had selective mutism when she was 4.5. The Silence Within – is my daughter a selective mute? We took her to a pediatric neuropsychologist in April 2008, who … Continue reading