I’ve been thinking of all my lovely internet friends (who seem to be highly intelligent, information junkies and/or highly creative/highly sensitive like me) who’ve reached out to me in recent months. I really wish I could build a real-life community of my own making with you all included (and any new ones who care to join me). I would love to go out for a drink and have great conversations with you.
I was thinking that it would be superb to ask a few questions so that others can know a little about you.
- What do you do for your job?
- What work feeds your souls (this may be identical to your job, but if so, then you are a lucky creature)?
- What intellectual topics fascinate you and want to learn more about?
- What are your hobbies?
You can either create a blog post about it, or you can simply comment here if you’d like. No rush about this.
If you don’t want to play, no worries. I just thought it would be fun.
I’ll go first.
Currently stay at home mother of 3 and nurturer of healthy human development. Formerly medical genetics lab supervisor, forensic DNA expert, and food micriobology lab rat extraordinaire.
The work that feeds my soul?
Writing, music (you can read this post about The Soundtrack of My Life to get an idea), relating to others meaningfully, helping others
Intellectual areas/topics – there are many:
- science (anything really – astronomy, biochemistry/genetics/microbiology, physics, chemistry, geology)
- mathematics (mostly just discovering all the cool things about math that the teachers forgot to show to us way back when – like finding the fibonacci sequence pattern in nature).
- brain function/dysfunction
- sensory processing functions and SPD
- variations of sensory perception (synesthesia, dyscalculia)
- selective mutism
- education and learning
- human development
- human behavior
- gifted issues
- Writing (and writing and writing), relating to others meaningfully
- Reading for personal research (but trying hard to read more for pleasure)
- Teaching my kids neat stuff about math/science
- Making handmade toys
The above is exactly the reason I have trouble deciding what I should be doing next. I know I’m doing what I need to be doing now, which is write (this is a good thing).
Okay, now your turn.
If I had the time/patience to figure out how to do a Mr. Linky I would do that. Does anyone know a quick wordpress tutorial I could figure out how to do this.
I’m having a miserable time trying to figure out this Mr. Linky for wordpress. Seems to be that certain things need to be modified that are going to make this difficult.